A world first! The first gold coin ever to feature the Man Of Steel™!
As an ode to Superman’s 75 years in publication, the Royal Canadian Mint, Official Licensee of DC Comics, has painstakingly recreated this iconic art by illustrator Joe Shuster, in full colour.
• Painted reverse image features the iconic cover of Superman #1 as published in 1939, drawn by Superman co-creator Canadian Joe Shuster, set on a backdrop of Superman’s Fortress of Solitude, engraved and finished to perfection.
• Features Superman’s native Kryptonian language, as created by DC Comics, and reads “75 Years of Superman”. in French and English.
• Premium packaging paying homage to Superman’s Golden Age, featuring the Last Son of Krypton as he first appeared in the 1930s.
* Struck from 58.33% Gold and 41.67% Silver
* Certificate of Authenticity
* Presentation Packaging
* The 2013 Gold 14-kt. Proof Superman™ has an extremely limited mintage of only 2,000!
This $75 coin is certified to be 14-karat gold with a diameter of 27 millimetres and a metal weight of 12 grams. The reverse image, provided by DC Comics/Warner Brothers, features an original Superman illustration by Joe Shuster. The reverse is engraved with the word “CANADA,” the date “2013,” and the face value of “75 DOLLARS,” as well as “SUPERMAN” in the fictitious Kryptonian language from Superman's home planet in English and French. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in custom case and beauty box.
Call 1-888-726-5558 to place your order by phone and receive discounts when you pay by check or bank wire.